What changes are there for property viewings in England?
As the UK Government cautiously eases COVID-19 restrictions, we want to assure you that we are keeping up to date and following all the current regulations for property viewings. It is of paramount importance for us to accommodate the requests of our clients whilst protecting our staff.
Current regulations stipulate that:
- The number of people in a residential setting should be kept to a minimum
- Hygiene and social distancing measures remain vital
- Back-to-back viewings are not permitted
- Open house viewings are not permitted
- Two households are now allowed to attend a viewing to a maximum of six individuals, plus the person showing the house
Before attending any viewing or hosting a viewing with us we ask that you:
- Let us know if any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate
- If any member of either the household being viewed or the household undertaking a viewing is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or is self-isolating, then an in-person viewing will be delayed.
If you are the vendor showing your home, we ask that:
- You open all the internal doors prior to the viewing and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
- We would recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimize unnecessary contact.
Once the viewing has taken place, we recommend that you ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
During your viewing:
- Members of the public who are viewing a property should wear a suitable face covering as described in government guidance unless they are exempt from this requirement. Anyone with concerns should contact the agent in advance of their visit to discuss appropriate measures.
- When viewing a property, everyone should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible.
Thank you all for your patience during these unprecedented times! If you have any questions about holding a viewing at your property or attending a viewing, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, our friendly team will be more than happy to assist you!